TLDR; Learn how to make a WordPress site into headless CMS in China. On average any WordPress China sites that turn headless gain 8x - 10x speed improvement.
Steps to turn WordPress sites to Headless in China:
On WordPress Admin, install the following plugins:
- WP Gatsby
- WP GraphQL
These plugins help us to turn a WordPress site into GraphQL callable APIs, in fact, this is the step why it is called “headless” and because now WordPress is served as the purpose of managing content, not the front-end interface.
Anyways, if you don’t get what it means by headless now, just follow the steps below, you will get it by the end of this post, and you will see your site gets ~8x speed boost too.
Set up a Wordpress Headless frontend in China with 21YunBox
This starter serves as the starting point of your Headless WordPress site, you can modify it later if you want.
- Use the following values during creation:
Click Advanced Configuration to add below environment variables:
|WPGRAPHQL_URL||You can find and configure this on your WordPress Admin|
You can find your
Once you put these in the environment variables and press deploy. Your website will be live on your 21YunBox URL as soon as the build finishes.
So what happens if I add new content on WordPress, do I need to redo the steps above?
What you need to do is to press the purple deploy button on the 21YunBox console, then the 21YunBox Build system will pull the content from the WordPress server and deploy it once it’s done building.
Steps to setup auto-published Headless WordPress in China
1. On WordPress Admin click “Settings” -> “GatsbyJS”
2. Then Configure it using the below values.
You can find the build “URL” on 21YunBox Console. It’s under your project’s settings tab.
3. Save the webhook.
That’s it! Now when new content publishes on WordPress, 21YunBox will automatically build and deploy the changes for you to China.
Does WP Engine work in China?
No, the popular Headless WordPress CMS hosting solution, WP Engine does not work in China.
21YunBox provides the best WP Engine-like solution to launch your headless WordPress China site.
- Does Drupal Work in China??
- Does WordPress Work in China??
- Does SAP Cloud Work in China??
- Does Oracle Cloud Work in China??
- How to Deploy Next.js to Server?
- Does Sanity CMS Work in China?
- Deploy Contentful Site in China With 21YunBox (Step-by-Step Guide)
- US Largest Lighter Delivers Site 8x Faster with 21YunBox
- Publish Websites Using Airtable With 21YunBox
- How to Make Airtable Work in China?
- Does Airtable Work in China?
- Integrate Contentful, Gatsby with 21YunBox
- 5 Steps to Make Static Sites Live in China
- How to Make Contentful Work in China?
- How to Make Sanity CMS Work in China?
- Does WordPress Work in China?
- Publish Websites Using Sanity CMS With 21YunBox
- How to Host WordPress in China?
- How to Deploy Gatsby Static Sites in China?
- Does Sitecore Work in China?
- Does Sanity CMS Work in China?
- How to host Ghost CMS in China?
- How to Deploy Gatsby Static Sites in China
- Alternatives to Sanity CMS in China
- Does Salesforce Commerce Cloud Work in China?
- Alternatives to Algolia in China
- Does Contentful Work in China
- How to Deploy Hugo Static Sites in China?
- How to Deploy NextJS Apps in China?
- How to Deploy ExpressJS Apps in China?
- How to Deploy Strapi Headless CMS in China?
- How to Deploy NuxtJS Apps in China?
- How to Deploy Jekyll Static Sites in China?
- How to Deploy Docsify Static Sites in China?
- How to Deploy VuePress in China?
- How to Deploy Hexo Static Sites in China?
- How to Deploy Vuejs Apps in China?
- How to Deploy React Apps in China?
the 50th CNNIC Statistical Report on China's Internet Development
Aug 31, 2022
How To Get an ICP License In China?
Aug 29, 2022
21YunBox Build FAQ
Aug 21, 2022
How Much Does It Cost to Host a Website in China?
Jul 28, 2022
Didi fined $1.2 billion for breaking China Data Security Laws
Jul 21, 2022